Wetson's was an American fast food hamburger chain that existed from 1959 to 1975. At its peak, Wetson's had approximately 70 locations in the greater New York metropolitan area, including Staten Island, at 1767 Forest Ave, which is now Firestone auto next to Wendy's and 1525 Hylan Blvd, which is now Mr. Bargain auto parts. The chain was known for its signature burger, the "Big W", 15-cent burgers, 10-cent fries, and the slogans "Look for the Orange Circles" and "Buy them by the bagful" that were similar to McDonald's slogan "Look for the Golden Arches" and White Castle's "Buy 'em by the sack". Wetson's also had two clown mascots in the style of McDonald's Ronald McDonald named Wetty (female) and Sonny (male).
Wetson's was founded in 1959 by Harold Norbitz and Carl Wetanson. The pair had visited a McDonald's during a trip to Chicago's suburbs in the mid-50s and were impressed by the concept—cheap food and fast service. According to Norbitz, they "basically duplicated" the McDonald's concept at a time when there were no McDonald's in the metropolitan New York area. Carl Wetanson's older son Herb expanded the franchise.
By 1975, McDonald's and Burger King were battling for dominance in the New York market and Wetson's could no longer compete. That year the chain was purchased by Nathan's Famous and converted to small Nathan's restaurants.